"A hometown gathering place." This historic establishment dates back to 1858, owned by Wesley Truesdale, a prominent sawmill owner in St. Clair. In 1874, August Werner purchased the lot from Truesdale and built a house for the Werner family. Various families would become tenants to this house until 1922, when Vito and Grace Arena purchased the lot and building. The Arena’s owned and operated the Arena’s Grocery from 1922 to 1936. At the time, the store’s telephone number was 319. In 1936, James and Grace Bommarito bought the building and business and renamed it Bommarito’s Grocery. In 1943, the name that still stands today, Riverside Tavern, was owned and operated by Earle and Myrtle Ingles. Today, LaCroix’s Riverside Pub, is known as the “Hometown Gathering Place”, where friends and family meet to enjoy good food and drink. Come and check out our homemade soups & daily specials, from the famous Pub Burger to the local favorite Ribeye Steak or Perch Dinners. Look for our on-going specials and entertainment events on Facebook / LaCroix’s Riverside Pub, local newspapers, and flyers.